This post contains affiliate links. Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com and other Amazon websites.
Cooler Master has introduced new PC cases to its range in the form of the Silencio S400 and S600 created to provide a minimalist design with advanced technology. Refining the “long-established strengths of silence optimisation and thermal efficiency” says Cooler Master. Watch the video below to learn more about their features and design.
– The sound-dampened, steel front door features a reversible mounting system that is capable of opening in two directions.
– The HDD cage can be shifted to the front for more PSU clearance, backwards for additional front radiator space, or completely removed if HDD storage is not required.
– The I/O Panel features an SD Card Reader for rich connectivity.
– The single 4 pole headset jack features both audio and microphone capabilities simultaneously so that separate jacks are not needed.
– Two Silencio FP 120mm PWM fans are pre-installed with rubber padding to reduce noise. To connect additional fans, one 4pin 1-to-3 splitter is included.
– Graphics Card Support Up To 398mm (319mm S400)
“Behind the Silencio’s outer panels are pieces of meticulously-placed sound dampening material, extensively tested using Sorama’s Cam64. The Cam64 visualizes noise, vibrations, and resonance patterns through an array of hyper pressure sensitive microphones. In comparison to decibel meters, visualizations of sound offer deeper insights into sound dynamics and its impact with the Silencio’s frame and panels. Additional study of peaks in the sound spectrum helps identify the most prominent frequencies within a certain range.
Understanding and targeting the peaks in this spectrum not only showed a decrease in dB(A) value, but also improves how silence is experienced as sound quality. To give an example, identifying peaks within specific frequency ranges made the dispersion of resonance possible-reducing the prominence of noise generated by system components.
Once the data collection process was completed, the frequencies impacting both sound level and sound quality were softened by addressing the Silencio’s overall rigidity and fine-tuning the placement of dampening material. The Silencio utilizes a combination of materials with different densities to counter specific frequency ranges. Appropriate material applied to precise locations accomplishes better results than using only one type of material throughout the entire chassis.”
– Silencio S400 will be available for €79.99
– Silencio S600 will be available for €89.99